The RICS Awards Northern Ireland showcased the achievements of the most inspirational regional initiatives and developments in land, property, construction and the environment. With a Queen’s University research facility being named Project of the Year.
The Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine, situated in the grounds of Belfast City Hospital, won the Design through Innovation award before being crowned Project of the Year. The £32m Institute is the latest phase in the configuration of the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences and has been designed to enhance its internationally recognized excellence in education and research.
The RICS Awards are made up of 8 categories;
1. Building Conservation – Winner – Mount Stewart, Newtownards
2. Design through Innovation – Winner – The Wellcome-Wolfson Institutes for Experimental Medicine, Belfast
3. Regeneration – Winner – SPACE (Shared Process and Community Engagement) People’s Park, Portadown
4. Commercial – Winner – City Quays 1, Belfast
5. Infrastructure – Winner – Lagan Weir Footbridge, Belfast
6. Residential – Winner – Blacksmith’s Cottage, Portrush
7. Community Benefit – Winner – SPACE (Shared Process and Community Engagement) People’s Park, Portadown
8. Tourism and Leisure – Winner – Galgorm Resort & Spa, Ballymena
Once again N. Ireland has created some outstanding new builds, infrastructure projects and community schemes which took stoplights at this annual awards evening.
We are excited to see how these will progress at the national RICS Awards gala in London later in the year. Who do you think will win?