K Rend Base Coats are used in various applications within the building industry and typically applied to complement our render prior to the finish coat. Base coats are used to prepare the surface of the substrate before the application of render, if not applied a ‘ghosting’ affect can occur to the finished look.
Our base coats are polymer modified and cement based to ensure flexibility and strength. Requiring only the addition of water and 5 minutes mixing time, then normally applied in 1 coat.
K Rend supply 5 types of base coat, used for different purposes:
1. Standard UF Base - high quality general-purpose sprayable base coat. Designed to be used over blockwork as a primary coat.
2. HP12 Base - uses high polymer technology for enhanced performance on difficult substrates. Ideal as a stipple coat or for dense backgrounds.
3. HP14 Base – cost effective scratch coat with enhanced application performance onto a wide variety of substrates. Ideal as the background for Thin coat renders.
4. HPX Base - ultra high performance render incorporating high polymer technology and fibres. Use on unusual substrates with Alkali Reinforcing Mesh.
5. UF Fibre Base - qualities of Standard UF Base, but with increased impact resistance and tensile strength.
All bases can be hand or spray applied. Find out more about our base coat range.