K Rend provides a low maintenance solution to external rendering on both commercial and residential properties.
To ensure a freshly rendered appearance for a prolonged period follow the 3 easy steps below:
1. Where general staining occurs, use a warm power wash and suitable detergent to clean up the K Rend finish.
2. Take care to adjust the pressure of the power washer to ensure that the render is not damaged during the procedure (This is not suitable for Dry Dash finishes)
3. An annual coat of fungicidal wash can prevent algae from growing on weather prevailing facades, which can be prone to algae by remaining wet over long periods.
Algae is a natural phenomenon that grows on all external surfaces. In recent years it has become more prevalent on buildings due to:
- Prolonged wet weather coupled with a mild climate
- Clean Air Act: Reduced air pollution, resulting in increase of airborne algae spores
- Climate Change
- Poor detailing on the building
For more information or for further advice please contact K Rend’s Technical Support Team.